Friday, April 4, 2008

Plein Air Sampling

Cliffs in the Chisos Mountains, 12 x 12

Casa Grande, 12 x 16

Springbreak Sunbeams, 12 x 16

Pathway Study, 12 x 16

Morning in the Hills Study, 12 x 16

Morning Silhouettes Study, 12 x 16

Peace Like A River, 16 x 12

Great Salt Pond, 12 x 16

Swimming Hole at Bull Creek, 12 x 12
.
Sun Setting on the Marsh, 12 x 16
.
Dutch Mountain Enchantment, 12 x 16
.
Beach Grasses, 12 x 12
.
Misty Morning on the Lake, 12 x 12

Shinnecock Bay Wetlands, 12 x 16


Above is a sampling of the plein air work I have been doing over the last 9 months. I am still trying to get into some sort of blogging rhythm that synchronizes the painting, photographing, uploading, cropping, and posting routine. I had this idea that I would post them as I paint them... doing it this way is a little like drinking from a fire hose. :)

6 comments:

Mac Richard-- said...

Laurel, just found your blog through Bill's which I also just found. Though I have no idea what "Plein Air" means, I love your Big Bend pieces. And the picture of you painting in that big sombrero hat is the picture of a woman in her element. Well done.

A Painter's Journal said...

Have I told you how much I love your work? Its gorgeous. Do please keep sharing it with us.

Megan Lee said...

Hi Laurel: I just found Bill's blog by chance and then yours. I love the paintings you share to us! They're "powerful"!

fairiemoon said...

You blogger you! I am so proud. We've, or I should say I, have been thinking about going this route as well. I think it is a great decision and hope it works out for you! You should check out the magazine "Artful Blogging" from Somerset Studios! Love the new paintings. I especially love one of them...hmmmm-mmmm...I can't remember the title! It is one that has some trees that kind of look like the shape of cypress. I do love the shape of the old cypress trees in SF around the Legion of Honor and Lake Merced. Anyways, congratulations! Love it!

Erin (sister, for those of you who don't know)

Jann Alexander at AustinDetailsArt.com said...

you are a simply FANTASTIC painter. thanks for posting your current work, and looking forward to your solo show on June 7. keep on bloggin'!!

alberto valentini said...

Found you via Rene's blog. Scrolled down to this point. Really good work, keep it up.
Alberto.