Monday, June 7, 2010

Beach Boardwalk

Beach Boardwalk, L. Daniel, 9 x 12

We are home now. It was sad to leave St. Simons Island, but after five weeks away, it feels good to be back. This is my last painting done in Georgia (on Jekyll Island), but definitely not my last painting of the coastland imagery. I will be revisiting the colors and forms of the beaches and marshlands for a good while to come. As my "painting sabbatical" ends, I feel great satisfaction... both expectant and excited about where this work will lead me next. Having devoted painting time like this is a rare and wonderful opportunity and I enjoyed every minute! Thanks for your many wonderful comments of encouragement and for sharing the journey with me!

8 comments:

Nancy Laliberte said...

Laurel,
I sure have enjoyed your paintings of St. Simons Island these last few weeks. I can't wait to see what comes next! Thanks so much for sharing your journey with all of us.
Nancy

Becky said...

Laurel,

I've been vacationing vicariously through your posts over the last several weeks! And I've loved your work. Surely it was bittersweet leaving, but we're glad you're back - can't wait to connect. Welcome home. xoxo, Becky

Susan Roux said...

I went to the beach yesterday. You captured how it felt...

Wonderful.

Sally Dean said...

5 weeks went fast!
You really took ful advantage of the trip and did awesome work.
You inspire me!

Tammy Hext said...

Laurel, I just spent a fabulous hour on your blog - thank you so much. Your work is captivating and inspiring. Your comments informative as well. I most often paint in the studio, but armed with your inspiration am going outside.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Love the softness of this and the quiet, peaceful feeling. (Where do you sell your 9x12's?) Fabulous!!

Barbara Muir said...

This is miraculous Laurel,

Like everything else you've done. It is so great to have time to just paint. I don't know how you juggle all you do normally, and turn out
masterpieces every time you paint.

XOXOXOXOXBarbara

Marian Fortunati said...

I love to travel but it's always wonderful to return home.

This is another very special painting. I love your simple forms and the way the color pleases the eye.