Friday, June 4, 2010

Breakfast in the Village


Breakfast in the Village, 12 x 12, L. Daniel
.
Every Saturday morning my in-laws get up and meet their friends for breakfast at Dresner's, a popular little coffee shop in the village of St. Simons Island. It's standard southern fare: eggs, grits, biscuits, bacon... but oh, so good! Whenever we are in town, we try and join them, and the table just gets bigger and bigger as chairs are added in. It's such a fun tradition they have going (and I just had to get down there and paint it)!

4 comments:

Victor Errington said...

A lovely colourful Painting as usual Laurel, well done, and all the best.
Vic.

fairiemoon said...

Did you paint the red umbrellas?
Erin :)

Unknown said...

I love the colors in this one!

Linda Popple said...

I feel as though I could step into this painting and join everyone for a good Southern breakfast! Your colors are vivid - just beautiful!!