Friday, June 25, 2010

Hello Brad



Hello Brad, L. Daniel, 8 x 6

I know this subject matter is really off-topic for me, but yesterday our Plein Air Austin group met at the Austin Zoo for our weekly paintout. Something new and different! :) I chose the bird because it was stuck in its cage and couldn't get too far out of my sight (unlike the tigers who kept going into their huts for shade). My bird wasn't very talkative but the bird next door kept repeating, "Hello Brad, Hello Brad", intermingled with the Tarzan cry, "aw-ee-aw-ee-aw". It was quite entertaining. Talking birds... really funny...

See more
Small Works

4 comments:

Tracey Mardon said...

Brad looks like you paint his ilke all the time, love it!

Marian Fortunati said...

So maybe this guy is the other one's buddy, Brad???
Funny... I can just hear that high squeaky voice saying "Hello Brad"..


Well done, Laurel.. as always.

Barbara Muir said...

Love it Laurel,

What a lovely painting. Hello Brad,
that's funny. I love birds, and talking birds remind us that we're not the only smart beings on the planet.

Super painting.
XOXOXOXOBarbara

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Wonderful.