Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Verdant Vineyard

Verdant Vineyard, L. Daniel, 8 x 8, SOLD
.
You may not think of Texas when you think of wineries, but we have 'em! These are the vines of the Messina Hof vineyard in Bryan, TX where I painted on Saturday morning. The Forsyth Gallery (of Texas A & M University) arranged this paintout to coincide with our Plein Air Austin exhibit which is currently on display in the gallery. It was designed to bring painters from Austin and Bryan together and was a lot of fun for all of us!!
.
See more Small Works

8 comments:

Tess Traylor Walls said...

Beautiful...look at all those wonderful greys. Love it!

Shane Rebenschied said...

While I love all your work, this is my favorite so far. I especially like the background treeline and the hint of a building. Very nice!

I'm a sucker for well-done atmospheric perspective. ;)

AK said...

Amazing colors, amazing strokes. Brilliant work.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Beautiful,Laurel, I love this. the soft focus aspect is so dreamy, and magical.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Wow! You make it look so easy, Laurel. I know I've told you that before... but it's a rare quality!! Lovely soft brushwork and wonderful value study too.

Judith said...

Beautiful atmosphere, I love the way you handled the clouds,nice color and brushwork!

Page Pearson Railsback said...

This painting is really lovely..has an old world feel. unusual approach ..really like it

Lisa Daria said...

these greens are soothing - the shadows work perfectly too - and the grays are also beautiful