Thursday, April 7, 2011

Marsh's Edge (enlarged)

Marsh's Edge, L. Daniel, 24 x 24


This is another large piece that is in my current show. I guess it's pretty obvious that I love the marshes on the east coast - and I love to paint them. Next week, after my opening at the gallery, I will be heading back to Georgia for a few weeks of painting and relaxation. I will drive by this spot every day while I am there. :)


Please visit my website to preview all my work in the Davis Gallery show - opening reception Saturday, April 9.



On another note, I want to thank Andrea Erins for including me in her top 15 painting blog list! Read the article and see her other favorites: “Inspiration Meets Canvas: The Top 15 Oil Painting Blogs” (click title to view). What an honor - thank you Andrea!

5 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Lovely...
The house reads so wonderfully.... especially with the reflections.

Kathy Cousart said...

I love this painting- marshes are so hard with the soft and hard edges and this is excellent. Loving the way you painted the edges of the marshes with reflections. All the greens are gorgeous. My favorite spot too:) Have fun!

graziano tessarolo said...

Mi piace vedere i tuoi quadri, sono tutti molto belli. Dei paesaggi quieti ed armoniosi... Brava!

Fay Terry said...

Laurel, I was really drawn to this painting when I saw it on DPW. Now I know why-I used to live on St. Simon's when I was a little girl.
You really did a beautiful job with this marsh painting. Hope you enjoy your time there after your show.

Brad Miedema said...

Beautiful Piece Laurel! I love how the shape of the trees and the shape of the water kind of mimic each other.