Wednesday, April 20, 2011

View From Newcastle Street

View From Newcastle Street, L. Daniel, 9 x 12

Across the causeway from St. Simons Island is the town of Brunswick. It, too, sits on the marshes and inter coastal waterways of coastal Georgia and was a designated painting site in the Plein Air Affair event last weekend. Driving through the old downtown, I spotted this perfect composition and knew I had to paint it. You might say that it selected me! :) I love the delightful serendipity of plein air painting!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it exciting when a location calls you to paint it! You are in one of my favorite places to visit... St. Simons and Brunswick.
Beautiful painting. I love your sky!

Jerry Stocks said...

Wish I had known about the occasion. I live just up the road in Beaufort, SC and would have loved to come. This is a beautiful painting.

Anonymous said...

OoooohI just love the pattern of tree shadows on this one!!