Saturday, March 3, 2012

Heat of the Day - Big Bend

Heat of the Day, L. Daniel, 6 x 8


The craziest thing about Big Bend this time of year is the ever shifting weather. Hot to cold, calm to windy. At this location, I chose a small canvas and the only spot of shade I could find because it was so hot and deadly still that morning. My plan was to do a quick study and do it fast! Not 15 minutes in, a breeze came up and soon I was holding on to my easel to keep it from tipping over. Be careful what you wish for! :)


For those that know the area - this is looking out from the shadow of Santa Elena Canyon. For those that don't - that little piece of river is the Rio Grande which travels the border between Texas and Mexico. And those yellow grasses on the right? Yep, they are in Mexico.

See more Small Works

1 comment:

Barbara Muir said...

Love the fresh,thick paint. Gorgeous.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara