Saturday, June 16, 2012

Garden Gifts

Entryway Blessing, 8 x 6, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2012
Gift to workshop garden host.

I am finally back from my work/play vacation in St. Simons Island, Georgia. The "work/play" idea is an oxymoron, unless you love your work! :) I had a wonderful time but it was impossible to stay current with my technology tasks. The play part of every day prevented me from cataloguing and blogging. BUT... I'm back home now and will finally photograph and post the plein air work I did while I was there. Please stay tuned.

For now, here are a few more demo shots from my workshop...

Line and Mass Block-in for "Entryway Blessing" demo.
Thanks to Pat McCormick for photo.

Workshop participants watching demo in garden entryway.
 What a great group I had!! Thanks to Karen Rose for photo.

7 comments:

Maria Bennett Hock said...

I love entryway blessings! Such soft beautiful colors and lovely brush strokes.

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

This is lovely, soft colors and beautiful light...love all your work Laurel!

Linda Nickles said...

Beautiful painting, Laurel! I remember that entryway very well, and love how you captured the light. It was an excellent workshop. Thank you for everything.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

This is stunning!! I would have bought if it hadn't been the special gift that is was. Can't wait to see the enlargement. Keep on playing!!! xoxo

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Sounds like you had a great group of artists! This is so gorgeous, what a wonderful thank-you to the hostess! I happen to know you worked very hard on your 'vacation'... xo

Barbara Muir said...

Love the painting and the post.

That must have been just a great experience for everyone.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOBarbara

Unknown said...

You're braver than I am to sing karaoke by yourself! Looks like another fun adventure. I'll bet you like being able to take your dog with you since she can stay in your rig. (It looks luxurious--lucky you!)
live tv streaming