Sunday, April 7, 2013

Quick Draw and an Honorable Mention in the Plein Air Southwest Show!

Pots of Delphinium, 12 x 9, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013
Plein Air Southwest - Quick Draw Painting 

The opening of the Plein Air Southwest Show in Dallas was fabulous... great people, incredible paintings. My big news is that my painting "Summer Morning" won an Honorable Mention! The show was judged by distinguished painter George Strickland, and receiving his affirmation is a great honor indeed. My heart is full and grateful! 

This was the annual show of the Outdoor Painters Society, so of course we painted too! On Saturday morning we met up at the Dallas Arboretum for a "Quick Draw"- a timed, 2 hour painting session (and friendly competition). I found these Delphinium beauties in a little courtyard called the Poetry Garden. As the name would suggest, it was off the beaten path a bit... much to my liking. 

It was a great weekend all around!

A grinning, happy me with my Honorable Mention ribbon for "Summer Morning". 


9 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Congratulations. How super. I love the paintings, and you look wonderful.

You rock!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Kathy Cousart said...

Congrats and love that big happy smile. Both paintings are gorgeous!

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Fabulous news!!! Though never surprised. You rock!!!

Tracey Mardon said...

Congrats Laurel! Beautiful paintings!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! All your paintings are beautiful!

Marilyn Flanegan said...

How wonderful to see you bursting with joy! A well-deserved honor - congratulations on your lovely paintings, Laurel.

Ruth Andre said...

Laurel, Congratulations on your great work and the honorable mention for the painting, "Summer Morning". The paintings entered in the show are truly beautiful.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Super and well deserved!

Jimmy Longacre said...

Congratulations, Laurel! As you know, I wasn't able to be there, and I haven't seen the report of who won at the Salon, other than John's Best In Show. I admire all four of your entries, and I'm happy for your winning this honor. Great work!