Monday, May 6, 2013

Daisy Ledge - painting with a master!

Daisy Ledge, 16 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013

I just finished a four day workshop with the very talented Colley Whisson, who is here on a teaching tour from Australia. If you don't know his work, click this link and visit his web site for some inspiration. Colley is articulate and incredibly generous in his approach to instruction. Three of the days he directed us through exercises in the studio, giving us lots and lots of demos. On the last day, we painted our own subjects using his methods en plein air... these are my efforts. It was an incredible time and I know I will be "processing" the information for a long time!! Thank you, Colley!

Secret Passage, 12 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013, NFS

6 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Oh, Laurel! He's on my bucket list! I want to hear all about it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful paintings. Love the sunshine striking the objects. Great job. I checked out the website--great. Thanks for sharing!

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love the warm red tones and value shifts. Magical. xoxo

Kathy Collins said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful plein air works and for introducing me to this talented artist. Especially love the yours shadows and lights on the buildings.

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laurel,

Sounds fun. It's so wonderful taking classes from someone you admire. BTW I totally admire you and this super work.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX Barbara

Nancy said...

I recognized this spot, Laurel. Your painting really came out FABULOUS!!!

I so enjoyed our workshop and meeting you. I'll certainly be following your work from now on. I hope our paths cross again in the near future.