Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pier Breezes and 2 workshop openings!

Pier Breezes, 8 x 16, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013

Due to last minute cancellations, there are now 2 spots available for my upcoming workshop in St. Simons Island, Georgia. If you are available and want to spend some great time outside painting, please come join us!!! Here is the information:

En Plein Air - Composing a Strong Landscape
May 20 - 22, 2013, Monday-Wednesday, 9am-4pm 
Anderson Fine Art Gallery
St. Simons Island, GA
$400

Workshop Description: Focus on good composition and the strategic placement of natural subjects found in the landscape. Learn to design pleasing, dynamic entrances and exits in your paintings, and practice composing "on the fly" in the plein air tradition. We will meet at different sites on the island, and each session will include a demo and a critique. 

To register, please contact Mary Anderson
 Anderson Fine Art Gallery912-634-8414


Cottage Light, 9x12, L. Daniel © 2013, SOLD

4 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

OK, these images make me LONG for SSI! I wish I could do the workshop! I will say right here that signing up for this workshop would be a very smart move - you'd get the benefit of Laurel's extensive knowledge, and her fun personality PLUS St. Simon's Island.... paradise!

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you Kelley! :)

Amy Hillenbrand said...

What a fun one Laurel, wonderful composition and I like the soft colors you used on this. In my minds eye I can see it hanging in a wonderful beach house somewhere. Your class sounds wonderful, enjoy!

Barbara Muir said...

I agree with Kelley and wish I could join you. You are the best and everyone loves both your work, and your teaching. Beautiful paintings.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara