Thursday, July 11, 2013

Beach Breezes - Georgia Coast

Beach Breezes, 8 x 6, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013
SOLD

Painting on the beach can be challenging because of the blinding light, so finding a beach with a little bit of shade is always my preference. On this day, strong breezes added to that challenge. Although I found a spot that was sheltered, I still had to hold on to my easel the whole time I was painting to keep it from blowing over. It was a bit of a battle (with several wipedowns), so I was happy to walk away with this small piece. 

2 comments:

Sand Hill Art said...

First time visitor to your site and I'm very impressed not only with your painting style but the organizational aspects of the blog. Thanks.

Barbara Muir said...

So gorgeous. I wish you could come and paint in Nova Scotia. The same scene with red sand. Love this painting.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara