Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Villa and fall classes in Austin!

The Villa, 16 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013

This lovely villa is the prominent feature at the Art School where I teach painting - one of my favorite places in Austin. When I painted this scene on the grounds a few weeks ago, I was delighted to see hordes of children there for summer art classes. It's thrilling and reassuring to see young "creatives" hard at work becoming the next generation of artists. 

When I asked some of them what they were taking, I got the funniest answers. One little girl answered that she "does it all" and has known "all her life" that she wants to be an artist. She was about 8... such confidence! Another one opened up her pink backpack and showed me what she was literally "taking" (as in, taking with her to the class). After all, who doesn't need their pink lunchbox, pink hairbands, and pink lip gloss for an afternoon drawing class? Ask a silly question... :)

Painter Friends in Austin, registration for fall classes begins today. I would love to see you out painting - Wednesdays at 9! :) Click here to register: The Art School.


6 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I know the spot so congratulations on a great painting.
I also enjoyed the story about the budding artists. Neat.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laurel,

I love the painting, and am greatly cheered by the confidence of the young artists. May they stay that way. I'm so glad you teach, because I'm sure you build confidence in every artist who studies with you. You rock!

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Investing in villas is every common mam desire.What do think about koh samui investment villas? Are they costly?
http://www.samuipropertyonline.com/